Getting books to the right recipients
Information on the title, author, ISBN, barcode and price plays a critical role in the logistics chain for book distribution. Order-picking labels and address labels with this information ensure that books get to the right recipients. Labels can also be affixed to books for promotional purposes or used as advertising on other print media such as newspapers and magazines. Removable labels are a useful means of delivering magazines to subscribers and have many other mailing applications.
One label for all kinds of books – outstanding quality from HERMA:
Book and magazine covers can be very different: cloth, high-gloss varnish, matt print coating, open-pored board or shrink wrap. The demands on adhesives are correspondingly diverse. To prevent damage to valuable books, labels should always be removable without leaving any traces. They must also adhere securely during transport. This also applies to print media made of thinner materials, like newspapers and magazines.
A leader when it comes to book labelling
HERMA offers special adhesives that are specifically designed for these applications. They adhere securely to a wide range of surfaces and can be peeled off without leaving residue or damaging the surface. Each year, millions of HERMA book labels ensure greater efficiency in book shipping.
The key advantages:
- Reliable adhesion to different cover materials
- Easy removal without leaving residue
- Wide spectrum of removable adhesives
- High-quality label material for perfect printing of additional information – even with small fonts and barcodes
- Supplied on rolls, sheets or fanfolded, depending on your printing process
- Blank or preprinted with logo and colour areas
Take advantage of our expertise and many decades of experience. We’ll help you test your surfaces to find the book label that is best for your purpose. Get in touch with us. We’ll be happy to give you advice.
Removable doesn’t always mean removable
Removable labels are manufactured for many different purposes and many kinds of surface. They may be removable from one surface, but not from another. We’ll show you the wide range of available removable label materials and help you select the type that matches your needs. For example, you may require a low-migration adhesive for use with foodstuffs.
There are countless applications:
- Labels in the production of glass panes, drinking classes or car Windows
- Labels for ceramic or porcelain products, such as sanitary equipment, crockery and tiles
- Labels for managing the flow of goods in production processes, for example temporary identification of sheet metal before painting
- Merchandise return labels in the mail-order trade
- Order-picking labels and shipping labels for wholesale pharmaceuticals and foodstuffs
- Labels for painted surfaces on furniture and metal objects
- Sealing labels that adhere several times, for use on food packaging
- Partially removable documentation labels
Experts for your application.
We’ll help you find the label material for your application. We look forward to talking with you.